We’re always on the hunt for the best and brightest to join our team, both full-time and freelance! If you don’t see a relevant opening below but still want to get in touch, feel free to contact us directly. If you are happy for us to keep your CV and reel on file, please let us know in your covering letter. This will allow us to contact you if your skills and qualities look like a good match for any future positions.
Bomper is an independent production studio, creating work filled with character and originality. The team is made up of talented in-house artists, illustrators, animators and producers. Our credo is to constantly embrace our natural-curiosity and challenge our ambitions, by playing with mediums and formats, in crafting our best work. And of course, having a lot of fun along the way.
Our team is highly passionate about creativity and innovation, underpinned by a willingness to help others develop. It is a fun and energetic environment that really comes to life when we are in production.
The past few years have been exciting for Bomper. The studio released their first short film ‘Coffee Run’, a music video for Grammy-nominated artist, Tyler Childers’ ‘Country Squire’, and directed TWO animated music video for Foo Fighters ‘No Son of Mine’ and ‘Chasing Birds’. We’re committed to developing our craft to bring even more rewarding opportunities, so it’s an exciting time to join the team and help us write the next chapter of our story!
Cinema 4D Generalist (Closing Date: 04/02/22)
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent (Remote/ Hybrid working available) * Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Competitive Salary based on experience
About the role:
The Cinema 3D Generalist is the most resourceful person in the team, able to cover various aspects of the pipeline from modelling, lighting to final renders. You will need to anticipate any technical issues and proactively resolve them. A massive benefit would be the ability to create characters for animation and optimise topology for rigging and work with polycount in mind.
What you will do:
- Producing assets (character, props and environments) for CG stills and animation.
- Desirable skills in organic modelling.
- Working within a team of artists, following directions & set briefs.
- Performing generalist tasks such as hard-surface modelling, lighting, texturing and look development.
- Meeting deadlines and staying on schedule while maintaining high quality output.
- Anticipate any technical issues and proactively resolve them
- Work with project leads and collaborate with other team members
- Manage your time efficiently to meet deadlines and achieve goals on time
What skills will you need:
- Exceptional understanding of CG process
- Ability to take direction positively and willingness to work as part of a larger team
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance
- Creative problem solving skills
- Willingness to participate in a team, as well as work independently
- Excellent communication skills and strong self- motivation
- Ability to stay calm and confident in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
Apply if you have:
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous experience working at a junior level producing quality work
- Experience with Cinema 4D software (essential) *
- Experience with render engines such as Octane, Arnold, Evee, Cycles, Redshift
- Excellent Portfolio that demonstrates requirements
*Nice to have/ non-essential: experience with Zbrush, Maya or Blender)
What we offer:
We’re advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
- Friendly and supportive team
- Free tea and coffee*
- On-site parking*
- Flexible working hours
- Remote/Hybrid working available
- Virtual Company and social events
- Holidays – 24 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme**
* Not applicable whilst working remote
** Following completion of the probationary period
If you feel that you have the skills and qualities that we are looking for then we would love to see your CV and showreel! Please feel free to include any other relevant information that may support your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also state the role you are applying for in your email subject.
If your application is not successful at this time but you are happy for us to keep your CV on file please let us know in your covering letter. This will allow us to contact you if your skills and qualities look like a good match for any future positions.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are following current Welsh Government advice and our team is working remotely at present. We hope to welcome team members back into the Studio very soon!
With this in mind, it’s important to note that all interviews will be carried out remotely via a video call and the role will be remote until there is a change in the guidance from the Welsh government.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore, we’re proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences; fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone’s voices are heard. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.