We’re always on the hunt for the best and brightest to join our team, both full-time and freelance! If you don’t see a relevant opening below but still want to get in touch, feel free to contact us directly. If you are happy for us to keep your CV and reel on file, please let us know in your covering letter. This will allow us to contact you if your skills and qualities look like a good match for any future positions.
Bomper is an independent production studio, creating work filled with character and originality. The team is made up of talented in-house artists, illustrators, animators and producers. Our credo is to constantly embrace our natural-curiosity and challenge our ambitions, by playing with mediums and formats, in crafting our best work. And of course, having a lot of fun along the way.
Our team is highly passionate about creativity and innovation, underpinned by a willingness to help others develop. It is a fun and energetic environment that really comes to life when we are in production.
The past few years have been exciting for Bomper. The studio released their first short film ‘Coffee Run’, a music video for Grammy-nominated artist, Tyler Childers’ ‘Country Squire’, and directed TWO animated music video for Foo Fighters ‘No Son of Mine’ and ‘Chasing Birds’, alongside lots of other diverse and interesting projects.
We know that it’s everyone’s ideas, talent and energy that will keep Bomper shining in the years ahead and we’re committed to developing our craft to bring even more rewarding opportunities, so it’s an exciting time to join the Bomper team.
Technical 3D Artist (Houdini) - CLOSING 22/01/23
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent (Remote/ Hybrid working available) * Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Competitive Salary based on experience
We are seeking a Technical 3D Artist, specialising in Houdini, to join the Bomper team. In this role, you will work closely with the 3D department to define, create, support and lead on advanced pyro, fluid & particle systems. This is a great opportunity for an artist who loves technology and wants to consistently grow and work with a range of tools and techniques. A good understanding of the animation pipeline including pre-production, production and post-production is also beneficial.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- 5 years of experience as a 3D Artist
- 2 years experience as a Houdini Artist essential
- 5 years experience in a 3D package (C4D, Maya, Blender)
- Familiarity with the Adobe Suite( After Effects, Photoshop), Substance Painter and Designer
- Experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines for stills, short-form animation and 3D motion design
- Be able to give and receive critique at a professional level and manage technical challenges on projects
- Create Houdini pipelines, tools, utility scripts, expressions and other digital assets to streamline the set-up process and achieve the desired look
- Maintain the processes and pipelines by ensuring that all new additions are compliant with the existing systems
- Inspire a culture of creative innovation with a problem-solving attitude
- Work closely with other departments in the studio from pre to post production
- Previous experience producing FX such as smoke, fire, water, clouds, destruction, cloth, hair/fur and crowds
- Good knowledge of render engines such as Redshift, Octane, Cycles/Eevee, Arnold, or Unreal
- Familiarity with local render farm software such as Deadline
- Technical animation experience in Houdini
What we offer:
We’re advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our team and their families.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Friendly and supportive team
- Free tea and coffee*
- On-site parking*
- Flexible working hours
- Studio based, remote working and hybrid working contracts available
- Virtual and in person company and social events
- Holidays – 24 days annual leave entitlement plus public bank holidays (based on working 5 days a week)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (Following a successful probation period)
*Not applicable whilst working remote
Bomper is currently trailing a 4 day work week initiative; with the studio being closed on Fridays.
In May 2022, Bomper decided to implement a 6 month trial of a 4 day working week, with non-compressed hours and for the same pay. Bomper is committed to enabling the best in everyone, and really recognises the importance of work-life balance.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore, we’re proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences; fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone’s voices are heard. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the skills and qualities that we are looking for then we would love to see your CV and showreel!
Please apply using the form below.
If your application is not successful at this time but you are happy for us to keep your CV on file please let us know in your covering letter. This will allow us to contact you if your skills and qualities look like a good match for any future positions.
If you have any difficulty with the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It may take a little longer for us to get back to you at the moment, as we’re currently out of office for the Christmas and New Year period. But we will get back to you as soon as possible on our return on 3rd January.